Eric Clapton performed a song he wrote for the Blessed Mother

‘In this benefit concert for Bosnia in 1996, Eric Clapton performed a song he wrote for the Blessed Mother along with the renowned Italian opera singer Luciano Pavarotti and a terrific Gospel choir. The words of the song are a real prayer for Clapton. In his memoir, Clapton: The Autobiography, the musician writes about a rock-bottom moment he had in rehab in 1987:

“I was in complete despair,” wrote Clapton. “In the privacy of my room, I begged for help. I had no notion who I thought I was talking to, I just knew that I had come to the end of my tether . . . and, getting down on my knees, I surrendered. Within a few days I realized that . . . I had found a place to turn to, a place I’d always known was there but never really wanted, or needed, to believe in. From that day until this, I have never failed to pray in the morning, on my knees, asking for help, and at night, to express gratitude for my life and, most of all, for my sobriety.”’

Holy Mother, where are you?
Tonight I feel broken in two.
I’ve seen the stars fall from the sky.
Holy mother, can’t keep from crying.
Oh I need your help this time,
Get me through this lonely night.
Tell me please which way to turn
To find myself again.
Holy mother, hear my prayer,
Somehow I know you’re still there.
Send me please some peace of mind;
Take away this pain.
I can’t wait, I can’t wait, I can’t wait any longer.
I can’t wait, I can’t wait, I can’t wait for you.
Holy mother, hear my cry,
I’ve cursed your name a thousand times.
I’ve felt the anger running through my soul;
All I need is a hand to hold.
Oh I feel the end has come,
No longer my legs will run.
You know I would rather be
In your arms tonight.
When my hands no longer play,
My voice is still, I fade away.
Holy mother, then I’ll be
Lying in, safe within your arms.
Songwriters: CLAPTON, ERIC PATRICK/BISHOP, STEPHEN
© Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group, DOWNTOWN MUSIC PUBLISHING LLC

Vatican: No participation in events promoting Medjugorje ‘visionaries’

SUBMITTED ON MARCH 11, 2015
The Vatican’s Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith is reminding Catholics that they should not participate in events that promote the alleged visionaries of Medjugorje.

The reminder came after an event featuring Ivan Dragicevic, one of the alleged visionaries, was scheduled to take place in St. Charles this month. The event was cancelled.

The Vatican ambassador to the United States, Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano, has previously noted that the Vatican has not recognized alleged Marian apparitions in Medjugorje, Bosnia-Herzegovina, as authentic.

Six village children said they first saw Mary in June 1981. Most of the Medjugorje “seers” have said the apparitions have continued every day for years. Three say they still have visions each day, while the other three see Mary only once a year now.

A Vatican commission of cardinals, bishops, theologians and other experts, working under the auspices of the doctrinal congregation, has been studying the events at Medjugorje. The commission has reportedly completed its work and will submit the outcomes of its study to the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith, according to Vatican Radio.

Some information was provided by Catholic News Service.

http://stlouisreview.com/article/2015-03-11/vatican-no

Vatican exorcist Amorth speaks on Satan’s smoke

Twenty-nine years have passed since that day, June 29 1972. It was the Feast of Saint Peter, Prince of the Apostles. It was the Feast of Saint Paul who brought the Gospel of Christ to the extreme corners of the West. On that day, June 29, Feast of the Patron Saints of Rome, Peter’s successor who had taken the name of Paul issued a dramatic warning. Paul VI spoke of God’s enemy supreme, that enemy of man called Satan, enemy of the Church. “The smoke of Satan”, warned Paul VI, “has found its way into the Church through the fissures”. It was an anguished warning that caused great shock and scandal, even within the Catholic world.

And what of today, 29 years later? Has that smoke been dispersed or has it continued to drift?

30DAYS went to see the man who has to do with Satan and his cunning every day. It’s his job, almost. He is the world’s most famous exorcist – Father Gabriele Amorth, founder and honorary president of the International Association of Exorcists.

We also went to him because a few weeks ago, on May 15, the Italian Episcopal Conference approved the Italian translation of the new Rite of Exorcism. All it needs now for it to be used is the placet of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments. Is this a new weapon in the Church’s battle with the Enemy? Will it dispel, if it still hasn’t been dispelled, that smoke which has drifted into the temple of the Lord? Nothing of the kind, according to Father Amorth. He will tell us that the war being waged for millennia rages on more angrily than ever. That the battlefront has now moved inside the house of the Lord. That the smoke … the smoke has drifted in the most unsuspected directions.

At long last, the Italian translation of the new Rite of Exorcism is ready …

GABRIELE AMORTH: Yes, it is. Last year, the Italian Episcopal Conference could not approve it because there were errors in the translation from the Latin. We exorcists who would have to use it took advantage of this to point out yet again that we were not in agreement with the new Rite on many points. The original Latin text is unchanged in this translation. A Rite so long-awaited has turned out to be a joke, an incredible cord that is tying us in knots in our work against the Devil.

That’s a serious allegation. What, exactly, are you referring to?

AMORTH: I can give you two examples, two blatant examples. At Point 15, it talks of evil in the sense of the ‘evil eye’ and how we should conduct ourselves. The ‘evil eye’ is an evil directed at a person through the Devil. This can be done in various ways, in the form of spells, curses, by voodoo and macumba. The Roman Rite explained how this had to be addressed. The new Rite, by contrast, categorically states that it is prohibited to perform exorcisms in these cases. That is just absurd. This evildoing is by far the most frequent cause of demonic possession and other evils procured by the Devil – no fewer than 90 per cent. It’s like telling exorcists to retire. Then, Point 16 solemnly states that exorcisms must not be carried out unless the presence of the Devil is ascertained. This is a masterpiece of incompetence because we can only ascertain if the Devil is possessing a person by performing an exorcism. Moreover, the editors did not realize that, on both points, they were contradicting the Catechism of the Catholic Church which advises exorcism both in the case of demonic possession and of evils caused by the Devil. It also says this should be done in regard both to people and things. The Devil is never present in things, just his influence. The statements contained in the new Rite are very grave indeed and very harmful. They are the fruit of ignorance and inexperience.

But wasn’t it compiled by experts?

AMORTH: By no means, no. In these past ten years, two commissions have worked on the Rite – the Commission of Cardinals who edited the Prenotanda, or the initial dispositions, and the Commission in charge of the prayers. I can say with certainty that no member of either commission has ever performed an exorcism or witnessed one. No member has even the faintest idea of what an exorcism is. There lies the error, the original sin of this Rite. No one who assisted with it was an expert on exorcism.

How can that be?

AMORTH: Don’t ask me. During the Second Ecumenical Vatican Council, every commission was assisted by a group of experts who worked alongside the bishops. This custom continued even after the Council every time parts of the Rite were reworked. But not in this case. And if ever there was an area where experts were needed it was this one.

So what happened then?

AMORTH: What happened was that we exorcists were never consulted. Furthermore, the suggestions we gave were received with a certain irritation on the part of the commissions. The whole thing really was paradoxical. Would you like me to tell you about it?

Certainly …

AMORTH: As the various parts of the Roman Rite were gradually being reviewed in keeping with the requests of the Second Vatican Council, we exorcists waited for Title XII to come up, the Rite of Exorcism. But it was evidently not considered a thing of relevance because years passed and nothing happened. Then suddenly, on June 4 1990, the ad interim Rite appeared to be tried out. It was a real surprise to us that we had not been consulted beforehand even though we had our requests all prepared well in advance of the revision of the Rite. We asked, for example, that the prayers be reviewed to include invocations to Our Lady that were completely lacking, and we asked for more specific prayers for exorcism. But we had been completely cut out. We were given no possibility of making any kind of contribution. But we were not discouraged.

After all, the text had been produced for us. And we got down to work; this also considering that in his letter of presentation the then Pre- fect of the Congregation for Divine Worship, Cardinal Eduardo Martínez Somalo, asked Episcopal Conferences to let him have, within two years, their ‘advice and suggestions from the priests who will be using the Rite’. I convened 18 exorcists from among the world’s most expert. We scrupulously examined the text and used it. We immediately praised the first part reassuming the Gospel foundations for exorcism. That was the biblicaltheological area certainly not lacking in experts.

It was a new addition to the 1614 Rite, which had been composed under Pope Paul V. At that time, after all, it was not necessary to remind people of these principles. Everyone was familiar with them and accepted them. Today, this addition is vital. But when we got to the practical part in our scrutiny, the part that requires specific expertise, it was blatantly obvious that the editors had no experience at all. We made copious observations, article by article, and we submitted them to all parties concerned – the Congregation for Divine Worship, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and the Episcopal Conferences, A copy was also delivered directly into the hands of the Pope.

Click here for the rest of the story.

http://www.speroforum.com/a/2879/Vatican-exorcist-Amorth-speaks-on-Satans-smoke#.VQSTNODtOxp

Father Crespi and the missing golden artifacts

The story of father Crespi is one of the most enigmatic stories ever told – an unknown civilization, unbelievable artifacts, massive amounts of gold, depictions of strange figures connecting America to Sumeria, and symbols belonging to an unknown language. The account of what occurred reveals once again a conspiracy to hide the truth from the eyes of the public. Father Carlos Crespi Croci was born in Milan, Italy, in 1891 and died in 1982. He was a Salesian monk who dedicated his life to worship and charity and lived in the small town of Cuenca in Ecuador for more than 50 years. He was a person of many talents – he had been an educator, botanist, anthropologist, musician, and above all, humanitarian. Because of his missionary work he became close to the indigenous people of Ecuador and was a highly respected person among the tribes, who considered him a true friend of theirs. The indigenous people gave Father Crespi gifts of ancient artifacts to thank him for the work he was doing to help them. They said the items brought to him had been found in subterranean tunnels in the jungles of Ecuador, spanning more than 200 km starting from the village of Cuenca. The amazing artifacts given to him had uncanny similarities with civilizations of the East, and were enough to fill up a large museum. However the location was never revealed and is still unknown. Many were killed by the indigenous people in their search for the mysterious subterranean tunnels with the hidden treasure.

 

Many Pictures at link.

The three police officers who entered the water all say they heard a voice calling for help.

A mystery arose from the rescue: The three police officers who entered the water all say they heard a voice calling for help.

The mother was dead, but the officers told CNN affiliate KSL that they heard an adult’s voice calling to them.

“It felt like I could hear someone telling me, ‘I need help,'” DeWitt told KSL. “It was very surreal, something that I felt like I could hear.”

Warner said he heard the same.

“(It) wasn’t just in our heads,” he told KSL. “To me, it was plain as day. I remember hearing a voice that didn’t sound like a child, just saying ‘help me.'”

Tyler Beddoes, the third officer at the scene, said the same.

“Someone said ‘help me’ inside that car,” he said.

 

 

Vatican receives ransom demand for stolen Michelangelo letters

(Reuters) – The Vatican said on Sunday it had received a ransom demand for the return of two rare documents written by Renaissance master Michelangelo that were stolen from its archives nearly 20 years ago.

The theft of the two documents – one a letter including the signature of the artist who painted the Sistine Chapel, designed part of St. Peter’s Basilica and sculpted statues such as David and the Pieta – had not been made public before Sunday.

Following a report by the Rome newspaper Il Messaggero on Sunday, spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said a cardinal in charge of St. Peter’s Basilica had been contacted recently by a person who offered to get the documents back for what Lombardi called “a certain price”.

Il Messaggero said the person, described as a former Vatican employee, had asked for 100,000 euros.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/08/us-vatican-michelangelo-idUSKBN0M40RI20150308